Friday 26 February 2010

It all starts with God (day 1 of 40 Days of Purpose)

"It is not about you."

In this world everything these days is about me: How do I look? How do I succeed? How do I find a mate? How do I find a good Job? How do I find the right career? How do I find the purpose for my life? Where do I start?

We live in a Pick'n'Mix reality of anything and everything. All our choices are based upon what is good for me - or for my family at best. But we did not create ourselves. God planned and blessed our lives even before our conception. He created me for His purpose.

I can make my own plans, my own decisions and own life. But the purpose of my life, God planned long ago, even before my mother and father knew each other.

"Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him" (Col 1:16b, the Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment